Luton Rising, working in partnership with its shareholder Luton Council, has received planning permission for 2.5 acres of commercial development off Kimpton Road, next to Luton Airport Parkway station and the proposed Luton Direct Air-Rail Transit (Luton DART) scheme.
Proposed development for this £100 million key employment site at Bartlett Square will provide up to 2,000 jobs for local people, and includes investment in::
- new hotel: up to 170 bedrooms or serviced apartments
- 240,000 sq ft high-quality and flexible office space
- complementary retail of 6,000 sq ft
- on-site multi-storey car park serving the offices
Benefits to the community
Bartlett Square is part of the London Luton Airport Enterprise Zone, supported by SEMLEP, which will deliver up to 7,200 new jobs and inward investment to support economic growth across the sub-region.
Significant benefits to the community would include:
- additional employment through local contracts such as facilities management
- further temporary employment during construction
- modern and flexible business space to support Luton’s economic growth
- modern hotel with local amenities and function facilities
- improved rail station access
- new high-quality public realm linking the rail station with local businesses and residents
Works to provide pedestrian access across Bartlett Square to the DART Parkway station from Kimpton Road (along with a small area of public realm) should begin in January 2022 and complete to coincide with the opening of the station.
We are currently exploring options to secure third-party funding to accelerate development of the remainder of Bartlett Square and delivery of the economic benefits to Luton associated with the scheme.
Luton Rising’s commitment
We will continue to keep the community updated on the progress of the project, and will do everything we can to keep all disruption to affected parties and the community to a minimum.